Occupational therapists provide evaluation and treatment of various diagnoses across the life span and work to restore your ability to perform daily living and work tasks. An occupational therapist can work in either the inpatient or outpatient setting. In both areas, they work with you to improve your activities of daily living by working with ROM, strength, dexterity, and pain control to name a few.
Common conditions/diagnoses treated by occupational therapy
- Musculoskeletal and neuromuscular impairments of the upper extremities
- Post operative surgeries including:
- Joint replacements
- Shoulder surgeries
- Carpal tunnel surgeries
- Tendon/ligament surgeries
- Repetitive movement related injuries
- Workers compensation injuries
- Weight training equipment, arm bikes, balance equipment, pool(see aquatic therapy section); modalities including ultrasound, electrical stimulation, iontophoresis, fluidotherapy, paraffin baths and biofeedback.
- Our occupational therapist also has the capabilities of fabricating custom hand and wrist splints with the use of a hot water splint pan.
For more information on the occupational therapy services offered at the Bellevue Medical Center or to schedule an appointment please contact us at 402-763-3740 or fax us at 402-763-3196.