Physical therapists provide the evaluation and treatment of various musculoskeletal and neuromuscular disorders. A physical therapist can work in either the inpatient or outpatient setting. In both areas, they work with you to improve your ROM, flexibility, strength, gait, and pain control to name a few. We provide one on one therapy sessions so we can individualize your treatment plan to get you back to your normal activities as quickly as possible.
Common conditions/diagnoses treated by physical therapy
- Musculoskeletal and neuromuscular impairments of the upper/lower extremities and spine
- Post operative surgeries including:
- Joint replacements
- ACL/knee surgeries
- Shoulder surgeries
- Sports related injuries
- Sports injury prevention
- Workers compensation injuries
- Balance problems
- Weight training equipment, treadmills, recumbent bikes, Nu step, arm bikes, balance equipment, plyometric training equipment, therapy balls, parallel bars, stairs, pool(see aquatic therapy section); modalities including ultrasound, electrical stimulation, iontophoresis, and biofeedback.
Outpatient Physical Therapy Staff:
- Shelley Herbst, Nguyen, PT, DPT
- Marc Hunley, PT, DPT
- Jason Domina, PT, DPT
- Alison Larsen, PT, DPT
- Lauren Kesteloot, PT, DPT
- Tom Bogers, PT, DPT
- Danielle Wyant, PT, DPT
For more information on the physical therapy services offered at the Bellevue Medical Center or to schedule an appointment please contact us at 402-763-3740 or fax us at 402-763-3196.